I know everybody is on the Obama bandwagon now. But on this presidents day I want to thank President Bush for his service.
Mr. Bush, thank you for...
- Putting our country before your own popularity.
- Caring about unborn babies.
- Being faithful to your wife.
- Not lying under oath.
- Recognising faith-based groups as the answer to social problems, not government.
- Cutting taxes after 9/11.
- Taking down Saddam Hussein.
- Protecting the homeland since 9/11.
Today C-Span ranked Mr. Bush as one of the 10 worst presidents in history. No bias there.
Reagan just made it into the top 10. I guess spreading freedom to the world, ending the cold war and protecting our country from radical Islam are little things.
So as we celebrate Presidents day I pray for our current president. He is in office for a reason. Romans 13:1 says "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."
I'm thankful that God is in control and I am not.
Happy Presidents Day.