For Clarity Sake, I made a few modifications to the Health Insurance Consumer Protections Statement on Whitehouse.gov. [My Comments are in Brackets]
- No Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions. [Insurance companies will be forced to pay for condition that will break their bank. The government will step in and bail them out with your money.]
- No Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays [A free lollipop with every visit will be mandatory.]
- No Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics. [Please note, since the insurance companies will have to raise premiums and soak your employer either your salary will go down or some of you will lose your jobs...just a detail.]
- No Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill. [We will leave the dropping of care to the government. It's the role of your nanny (Government) to decide if you will be permitted to receive health care.]
- No Gender Discrimination Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender. [Just because you are a woman does not mean you cant have a prostate exam...If you have man-boobs, they are covered too.]
- No Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive. [Don't worry about the insurance companies, they will be gone in 5 years, then you will have no choice but to submit to the almighty bureaucrat.]
- Extended Coverage for Young Adults Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26. [Unless they are unemployed or otherwise non-productive, then it's a full ride until 65, then a humane death].
- Guaranteed Insurance Renewal Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick. [you are also guaranteed a pony when you get sick].
I'm not a fan of our current system. The last think we need however is an organization running health care with a proven track record of administrative failure.
Save the Humans, stop Obamacare.