100 Billion dollars has been cut from the US budget as proposed by the US House of Representatives. This cut came from:
- Transportation and Housing cut 23%
- Interior and Environment cut 14%
- Eliminate PBS and AmeriCorps
- Cuts to the United Nations
- Deep cuts into WIC (Women Infants Children)
This is a bold move that our country needs. It’s going to hurt but not as bad as our country becoming bankrupt. Hopefully this will be a time the Church can step up and fill the void left by the government (which it never should have been involved with in the first place) getting out of benevolence work.